One of the most critical parts of the winter is staying cozy and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is critical throughout the year, but during the winter it is even more essential. Winters in Katy are unpredictable and the coldest days can often spring up on us, sometimes when your furnace is unprepared. So, before you call in a professional technician, here are a few things you can inspect first:
- Check your filter – dirty filters are one of the most universal causes of unexpected furnace failures. Air has a harder time traveling through filters once they are filthy or dirty, causing the system to shut off on some occasions. The older the furnace, the trickier it might be to find the problem, while newer furnaces are meant to point out clogged and dirty filters before further issues arise. Swapping furnace filters every month or so can counteract these problems and keep you warm.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep incessant tabs on your thermostat batteries to make sure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or marker on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to switch out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to forget minor things like the settings of your thermostat. Double-check this vital step, especially if there was a new increase in temperature that may have caused you to switch off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, locate the breakers that operate your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On side. If it is Off or in the middle of the two sides, turn the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that appears to look like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, side. It can often be confused as a real light switch, which is why it is often the problem with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only require a few minutes to reboot.
Working through these steps is a simple and effective way of confirming the productivity of your furnace before you give a call to your Katy expert. If there are still problems after you have gone through these steps, you will have a much better idea on how to update your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the problem might be. If you have questions or need to arrange a repair, call Goode Bros AC & Heating in Katy.