You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Goode Bros AC & Heating have put together a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you catch small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make sure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a major difference on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting acclimated to the new temperature, try adjusting it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Goode Bros AC & Heating technician is over for your annual furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at (833)-466-3322.