Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Katy is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Goode Bros AC & Heating always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another opportunity to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. Trim the grass, get rid any debris and eliminate overgrowth that blocks your unit before you run it this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Goode Bros AC & Heating in Katy at (833)-466-3322 today.