Having regular air conditioning service completed at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Katy summer, have the professionals at Goode Bros AC & Heating perform your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illegally discharging it to the environment.
- Check for proper airflow through the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We recommend taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Goode Bros AC & Heating today at (833)-466-3322.