During the cold Katy months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to Goode Bros AC & Heating will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Goode Bros AC & Heating right away if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Goode Bros AC & Heating can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we are happy to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Goode Bros AC & Heating at (833)-466-3322 or arrange an appointment with us online.