When it’s frigid in Katy you depend on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system appears to be working well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can impede air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you could need a furnace repair. The more promptly you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Goode Bros AC & Heating.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You may have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for enough time? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You may have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could indicate a few specific problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your home.
4. Your monthly bill keeps growing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps increasing. This could point to several different problems. Your HVAC technician will help sort out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, stop your furnace right away and close off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC technicians to repair.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The team at Goode Bros AC & Heating will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.