As we get deeper in to November and the temperature continues to dip, we’re faced with the approaching decision of when to turn the heat on. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter quickly approaching now is the time to consider replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when you need to replace your furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a shout at (833)-466-3322 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Very little maintenance required
- Gives less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be in question, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t hesitate giving Goode Bros AC & Heating in Katy a call at (833)-466-3322. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.