Summer weather in Longview can be rough. But you don’t have to choose between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility expenses. We’ve put together some tips to make it simple.
The best thing you can do to stay comfortable and ensure energy efficiency is by maintaining your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® recommends keeping your system running dependably and efficiently, and Goode Bros AC & Heating is here to assist. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll perform the following tasks noted by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to ensure safe operation of your system and the chance of a longer lifecycle for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as required. Dirty coils require your system to run longer to do its job.
- Check system controls to be sure of accurate and safe operation.
- Look at refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to ensure proper system airflow.
Another critical piece to remaining cool is regularly inspecting your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter could increase energy bills and damage your equipment, which could lead to early failure. Our Goode Bros AC & Heating professionals will check these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to take a look at the manufacturer’s recommendations to arrange your own schedule to change them out.
Here are some other tips to keep your home comfy and energy-efficient:
- Look at thermostat settings to make sure your air conditioner keeps you cool when you are home and saves energy while you are not around.
- If it is cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let the crisp air cool your place for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to hold on to the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Utilize fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a little higher than you normally would without feeling any changes in your comfort level.
- Another kind of fan people seem to forget about when they’re attempting to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make certain to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to get rid of the heat and humidity from your bathroom.
- Avoid leaving lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven put heat into your home, but even everyday activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like more ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give Goode Bros AC & Heating at call at 903-284-2612 or request an appointment with us online.