Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Katy during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Goode Bros AC & Heating will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Goode Bros AC & Heating at (833)-466-3322 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.