Just like you need to take your car in to the shop for regular tune-ups, such as oil changes or looking at potential concerns, your home comfort system should receive the same kind of attention. Regular maintenance by a trained technician provides a variety of benefits to your HVAC equipment, which can help your systems perform efficiently and prevent costly breakdowns.
The cost can fluctuate depending on the equipment size and different features, so we suggest contacting Goode Bros AC & Heating at 903-284-2612 to receive a quote.
With two-stage heating, furnaces may run on two different levels: high and low. Since you can heat your home on the low setting a lot of the time, a two-stage furnace can operate longer and more efficiently. Two-stage heating also runs more quietly than traditional furnaces and can provide more even heat distribution and fewer temperature swings.
Goode Bros AC & Heating offers several different brands and models that have advanced technology to assist with heating and cooling your home more efficiently. Technology in the newer HVAC systems offers more precision when it comes to supporting your home comfort needs. If you want more information, please reach out to our experts at 903-284-2612.
Depending on how old your previous furnace was, you could experience a host of differences. Furnaces today are developed to give more even and efficient heating than ever before. Modern furnaces also better regulate temperature and air flow, moving more air over the heat exchanger than older furnaces.
Additionally, new furnaces are designed to operate with other high-efficiency HVAC products, such as air conditioners. The air conditioner blowers offer your heating system an extra boost so it can deliver cool air around your home efficiently. Special features like variable speed motors will also help reduce noise associated with operating your equipment and easily meet your family's airflow needs.
The Department of Energy recently increased the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after Jan. 1, 2015, since heating and cooling contributes significantly to a homes total energy usage. The requirements vary by region, so call Goode Bros AC & Heating for the efficiency standards for Longview.
There are many ways to lower your energy costs and one of the best ways is to make sure you have an energy-efficient HVAC system. Goode Bros AC & Heating has many highly efficient products that will help reduce the amount of energy you are using and save you money. In addition to searching for products that have the Energy Star® certification, high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, here are some other things to consider:
- Remember to arrange regular maintenance and have an experienced professional take a look at your system to ensure its running efficiently.
- If you have certain areas of your home that you need to heat or cool, you may want to consider a zoning system. This allows you to target that area and gets rid of wasted energy on heating or cooling areas that aren't used.
- Programmable or smart thermostats make it a breeze to maintain your home comfort while not wasting energy to heat or cool your space if you aren't home. It is an easy way to lower energy costs and once you set it, you can walk away and know its going to take care of your indoor comfort.
Goode Bros AC & Heating has been supporting the Longview community for many years and has been offering trustworthy and dependable service. Our service and the products we carry are of the highest quality and you can be confident in the results. Our experienced team is here to help you achieve your ideal home comfort.
There are four things to consider when increasing your indoor air quality:
- The indoor air quality in your home starts to suffer when the air begins filling up with air pollutants. The biggest concern is getting rid of these pollutants. Some to-dos to add to your weekly checklist is vacuuming, washing your linens and confirming any cleaning products are stored properly.
- Especially in newer homes, the insulation is installed so well that it might be difficult for these pollutants to leave the home. While it helps to keep your home warm or cool, depending on the season, its beneficial to get some fresh air inside.
- Make sure that you have good ventilation and perform routine maintenance on your system. And while that's important, you can also take your IAQ even further by using air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems to get rid of particles while eliminating chemical vapors.
- Smart or programmable thermostats can manage humidity levels as well as the temperature. This can help stop germs and other particles from collecting while preserving your home comfort.
No two homes are alike, which is why we advise that you contact our pros at Goode Bros AC & Heating to find out which solution will be best for your space. Our team will conduct an assessment of your current system and discuss what your ideal home comfort looks like. That will help us decide which products will be most effective.
You might be surprised to know that air conditioners don't technically make your home cooler; they actually remove the hot air and transfer it outside. This hot air blows across a refrigerant coil on the indoor unit and then is sent to the outdoor unit where it is released. Your air conditioner pushes as much hot air outside as is necessary to reach the temperature you have set on your thermostat.
Minimum energy efficiency standards vary by region. Additionally, air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units made after Jan. 1, 2015, have higher minimum efficiency levels than equipment manufactured prior to that date. The team at Goode Bros AC & Heating can help you find out the minimum requirements for Longview, let you know if your current systems meets those requirements or help you find a replacement air conditioner that does.
Your systems service panel should have a white label on it, with your systems model and serial numbers at the top. M/N is the model number and S/N is the serial number.
Since equipment size needs vary by home, the best way to determine the right size equipment for your home is to have a technician from Goode Bros AC & Heating come out to perform load calculation tests. The tests take factors such as square footage, insulation value and amount, and more into account to determine your homes unique HVAC equipment needs.
Yes debris can affect your systems ability to function effectively. Its not uncommon for heat pumps to have frost or ice on them in the winter, but many include defrost controls so they can work efficiently regardless of the weather conditions.
When an air conditioner uses two-stage cooling, it means that there are two levels of operation. This allows the system to work more efficiently since there is one level for milder weather and another for harsher weather that demands the system work harder. Two-stage cooling also enables slight temperature changes so you don't experience extreme differences in temperature. Aside from better efficiency, other benefits of two-stage cooling include quieter operation and better humidity control.
When your cooling unit freezes up, there are a number of reasons why it could be doing so. The most frequent reasons include: dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporative coil and a faulty blower motor or relay.
A dirty filter is something you can fix as a homeowner, but the others need to be completed by a professional like those at Goode Bros AC & Heating. Contact them at 903-284-2612 with any other questions.
Goode Bros AC & Heating has a number of great thermostat options for your HVAC systems. The best thermostat for you will depend on a variety of variables, such as whether you want one that's programmable or not. No matter what kind of thermostat you'd like or if you're in the market for something that can fit with a home automation system call Goode Bros AC & Heating to hear about which thermostats you can choose from. Our team will help you find one that fits with your system, your family's needs and your budget.
A heat pump covers both your homes heating and cooling needs, offering you one HVAC system that can be used year-round. In the warmer months, heat pumps act like an air conditioner, capturing the hot air from inside your home and moving it outside; in the cooler months, this process is reversed. Heat pumps can be very energy efficient and may produce two to three times more heat than the energy needed for the process.
At Goode Bros AC & Heating, we do recommend replacing both your indoor and outdoor units at the same time because:
- Outdoor systems are now built to work with their matching indoor system for maximum efficiency. When you replace just one of your systems, you may not see the same energy savings as if you had replaced them together.
- Thanks to technological innovation, newer systems mean improved efficiency. This is also true for HVAC systems. While the advancements focus on greater heating and cooling efficiency, they also include benefits such as better air handling, filtering and noise reduction.
- If your heating and cooling systems are more than 10 years old, they need to be replaced. Older models have outdated technology that is likely adding to your energy costs due to poor efficiency. So by replacing your indoor system at the same time as your outdoor equipment, both your systems will provide better energy efficiency that helps you decrease your energy bills and keep your home more comfortable.
Your home energy system could have a communication module that sends performance stats to an online site or portal. You can visit this to monitor your system's status, the amount of energy being produced and the positive influence you are having on the environment. You can also take a look at your owner's manual for tips on monitoring performance.
Rain will clean the modules automatically in most areas; however, if you live in a dusty area, you may see improved performance after periodically spraying the modules with water. Please note that high-pressure hoses and detergents should never be used to clean solar modules, as they can damage the product.
Goode Bros AC & Heating can help recommend the right thermostat for you based on your home and current heating and cooling equipment. We carry a selection of programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats, which can help enhance the efficiency of your homes furnace and/or air conditioner. Take a look at our thermostats or give us a call at 903-284-2612 for more information.
A large portion of your monthly energy bills can be attributed to your heating and cooling system. It makes sense, because our home comfort is a critical aspect of our day-to-day lives. Thankfully, there are high-efficiency solutions from Goode Bros AC & Heating that can keep you comfortable while also lowering energy costs. When it's time for you to shop for a new HVAC system, there are a couple things to consider. You'll want to look for air conditioners with high SEER ratings and furnaces with high AFUE ratings. These ratings measure efficiency, so the bigger the number the better off you'll be when it comes to saving on energy costs. You can also review these tips:
- Keep your system operating to its best ability by scheduling routine maintenance. It helps maintain efficiency and make sure everything is functioning properly.
- Consider a zoning system if you only have specific rooms that need to be heated or cooled. There is no need to use energy adjusting the temperature in a room that is never, or rarely used.
- The U.S. Department of Energy says that programmable thermostats can save up to 35 percent on heating costs and 25 percent on cooling costs. There are a lot of programmable and smart thermostat options that are easy to use and vary in the amount of features-so you can find an answer that you are comfortable with.
A zoning system allows you to divide your residence and heat or lower the temperature in each area differently. While these systems work well for homes that have areas that are infrequently visited, they may also be great in situations where you and your family argue about the temperature in certain areas of your house. There are a variety of additional benefits of zoning systems, like efficiency and comfort. View our selection of zoning systems or give Goode Bros AC & Heating a call to see how a zoning system could work for your home.